The mission of SHERDA is to improve and ensure sustainable development in the rural areas of Nigeria. To achieve
its mission, SHERDA has established the following objectives:
• Promote and encourage small-scale enterprise and sustainable agriculture (including conservation of wetlands and
• Alleviate poverty in the rural communities and ensure optimal utilization of the available resources.
• Promote, encourage, sponsor and subsidize income – generating projects.
• Carry out Social / Environmental Impact Assessment,Participatory Rural Appraisals, Participatory Needs
, Sustainable Livelihoods Assessment and Facilitation of Community Driven Development Plans
• Carry out capacity building programmes and vocational skills acquisition training among the rural dwellers.
• Partner and network with organisations desirous of ensuring sustainable development through economic
empowerment and human capital development programmes in the various communities.
• Provide the means whether by supervision, guidance, teaching or otherwise through which interested persons may
be enabled to acquire knowledge and skills.
• Empower the populace through self help efforts, rural development and literacy / vocational training programmes.
• Promote and sponsor HIV/AIDS prevention education as well as the prevention / reduction in sexually transmitted
The mission of SHERDA is to improve and ensure sustainable development in the rural areas of Nigeria.
A Niger Delta where the community populace have access to basic and social amenities.
Where We Work
SHERDA’s operations covers the nine (9) Niger Delta Region States as well as the South West and South East Geo-political Region of Nigeria respectively. This is made possible by our continued collaboration with clients and development partners.
SHERDA offers a variety of development programmes for poverty a lleviation and sustainable rural development in the Niger.